From Stephen Ellis A/g Director General, National Archives of Australia.

Dear Archives – I am sure you will join me in expressing our congratulations to our colleague Ms Phyllis Williams, Director of our NT and SA offices,  on the award of the Public Service Medal in the Honours awarded in celebration of the Queen’s Birthday on the weekend.  The citation for Phyllis’ PSM award is here:

You may also be aware that one of our current Advisory Council members and one of our previous Council members also received awards:

Mr Roland Perry – Medal of the Order of Australia – OAM

Professor Graeme Davison – Officer of the Order of Australia – AO

I am sure that you will agree with me that the achievements of these recipients bring further distinction to the awards that have acknowledged them.

Regards

Stephen Ellis

Director General (A/g)

You need to be a member of Archives Live to add comments!

Join Archives Live

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear All

On behalf of the Australian Society of Archivists (and as fellow Northern Territorian archivist) I called Phyllis and congratulated her personally on her award. The respect that Phyllis has among the various communities that come into contact with her and the affection that they hold for Phyllis is a testament to her diplomacy, understanding, judgement, grace and her sense of humour.

Congratulations Phyllis!

Pat Jackson: President Australian Society of Archivists

This reply was deleted.